EARLY LITERACY ASIDES
With Saroj and others.
MORE HELPFUL VIDEOS
- Public Service Announcements for Sing, Talk, Read, Write, and Play--Calgary Public Library email@example.com to obtain copies.
- Best Beginnings Words Count PSA from Alaska's Early Childhood Investment.
- Gail Borden Public Library, Elgin, IL summary of five practices for parents/caregivers.
- Early Literacy Asides and Information by Susan Bard for South Caroline State Library.
- Early Literacy 101 from e3 Community Services, Ontario, Canada.
- Precious Minds: Nurturing Literacy in the Early Years (Ontario Canada) especially newborn to age three.
- Fred Rogers Center Early Learning Environment video clips on talking, reading, learning. (Search more video clips by clicking on Activities.)
- Growing Readers: Helping Your Child Get Ready to Read Yamhill (OR) Reading for All Initiative.
- Read to Me Program What does it look like reading with babies?
- Zero to Three videos on child development and literacy
- Sing with Our Kids early literacy skills videos with Nancy Steward.
- Songs and Fingerplays from Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy With early literacy tips.
- Rhymes and Fingerplays from King County (WA) Public Library.
- Fingerplays and sharing wordless books from Johnson County, Kansas. Some incorporate early literacy tips.
- Songs/Rhymes in 15 languages from Burnaby Public Library, British Columbia.
Each presenter introduces him/herself; a fact or two on the culture as well.
- Fingerplays from Hennepin County (MN) Public Library.
- Rhyme Time from Carnegie Public Library of Pittsburgh (PA).
- Fingerplays from Reading Is Fundamental.
- Early Literacy Skill Tips from Ontario Early Years Centres in Simcoe County.
- From Babbling to Books: Buildng Pre-Reading Skills with Dr. Todd Risley, Sharon Ramey and Julie Washington discussing research based strategies for developing languge and pre-reading skills in young children.
- Shared Reading for 2 - 3 Year Olds Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL).
- Shared Reading for 4 - 5 Year Olds Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL).
- Babies on Track Preview Video from Alaska Best Beginnings; to purchase DVD click.
- Storytime in the Library--Get Ready to Read King County (WA) Public Library What happens in storytimes for different ages and how parents can support early literacy.
- Linguistic Genius of Babies TED Talk by Patricia Kuhl.
- Science of Early Childhood Development Harvard University Center on the Developing Child with Jack Shonkoff.
- Experiences Build Brain Architecture Harvard University Center on the Developing Child.
- Serve & Return Interaction Shapes Brain Circuitry Harvard University Center on the Developing Child.
- Early Languge and the Brain The Economist.
- Media and Children Dr. Dimitri A. Christakis, University of Washington.
- Begin Smart Books shows parents interacting with young children around books.
- Teaching Content is Teaching Reading Professor Daniel Willingham, University of Virginia.
- Increase Your Math Knowledge Math Access for Teachers and Home Child Care Providers.Videoclips explaining number sense, geometry, data probability, measurement, patterns, vocabulary, processes at preschool levels.