BOOM, FIZZ, POPPING INTO SUMMER READING FOR CHILDREN
Partnering with Parents for Success
Full day (6 content hours, 7.5 hours including lunch/breaks)
Uses the CSLP theme and books, rhymes and other elements based on that theme as a means to share early literacy information and science/math concepts with parents and caregivers in summer storytime programs covering ages newborn to age five and their parents/caregivers.
Partipant Limit: 50
Bring a storytime plan of your own or one based on one in the Early Literacy Manual. Bring your written out storytime plan and the books you have chosen. Please include one factual book.
A Powerpoint presentation in 3-to-a-page note-taking format will be provided by email (black & white, 2 sided ok; stapled). You may download the entire materials packet, or select the individual files you need below. Workshop materials are available in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the materials. Visit Adobe to download this free software.
Files included in packet:
- Materials Mentioned
- Early Literacy and You: An Overview of Early Literacy
- Science Concepts and Activities
- Math Concepts and Activities
- Vocabulary for Science and Math Concepts
- What Will I Say? (prefer colored paper)
- What Can I Say? A Sampling of Science and Math Asides
- Sample Storytime: Cookies, Cookies Everywhere
- Wolf's Chicken Stew Parent Handout