Each of the following day-long trainings addresses different implementations of sharing early literacy information with parents and caregivers. The participants are library staff and/or partners serving children newborn to five year olds and their parents and caregivers. The idea is to help staff recognize what they already know and are doing that supports early literacy, to gain confidence in sharing information and activities with adults, and to be a catalyst for new ideas and renewed enthusiasm for what we do. Trainings are customized to the needs of your participants.
$2,100 per day ($2,400 for California) plus airfare, hotel, meals, ground transportation from Newfoundland, Pennsylvania (airport is
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton AVP), $40 per diem, baggage fee if applicable, and non-resident income tax if withheld
- Trainings cancelled within one calendar month notice will be billed in full including any applicable travel expenses.
- Trainings cancelled in advance of one calendar month will be billed for any incurred travel expenses.
- Workshop fees for cancellation of trainings due to severely inclement weather may be waived on the condition that the training is rescheduled; host is responsible for any incurred travel expenses.
Saroj offers several online classes through Library Juice Academy. Library Juice Academy offers an Early Childhood Literacy certificate program. The certificate requires you to choose 6 classes out of 10 offerings. Individual or organizations can purchase a group of spaces for a discount. The classes can be taken individually, without taking the whole certificate program. Printable brochure on certificate program
If you would like any of these classes for your own group, please contact Saroj at firstname.lastname@example.org
The classes Saroj teaches:
- Foundations of Early Literacy: Using Your Knowledge to Enrich Library Experiences for Young Children and Their Families
- Early Literacy-Enhanced Storytimes: Supercharging Your Storytime Using Interactivity, Intentionality, and Assessment to Help Children Learn with Joy
- Exploring STEAM Concepts Through Storytimes: Joyous Opportunities for Building Abstract Thinking in Young Children, Their Parents and Caregivers