Sing Talk And Read Play On and Write for Easier Reading™--Putting Every Child Ready to Read® 2 Parent Workshops into Practice.
Full day (6 content hours, 7.5 hours including lunch/breaks)
Overview of the early literacy components, the five practices (sing, talk, read, write and play) and eight modules in ECRR 2nd edition. Designed to give participants the skills necessary to be able to present early literacy workshops for parents and caregivers. Demonstration of centerpiece adult workshop. The parent and child workshops (Fun with Letters, Fun with Words, Fun with Science and Math, Fun with Parent and Child) will be reviewed with hands-on practice included.
Participant Limit: 50
Purchase of at least one copy of ECRR2 kit required.
Each participant brings one picture book that has a story for any age between 2 - 5 years old.
Click the button below for Planner's Checklist to prepare for the training. Thank you.
A Powerpoint presentation in 3-to-a-page note-taking format will be provided by email (b&w, 2 sided ok; stapled). Below you may download the entire materials packet, or select the individual files you need below. Workshop materials are available in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the materials. Visit Adobe to download this free software.
Files included in packet:
- Powerpoint handout (to be sent by email) 2 sided, black and white ok
- Materials Mentioned
- Parent Workshop Script (to be sent by email) 2 sided, black and white ok
- Sharing Books with Young Children: Word | pdf
- Getting Ready to Read at Home
- Overview of Early Literacy
- Connecting Books and Early Literacy Components Worksheet on colored paper if possible
- Early Literacy Components Summary (optional)
- Five Practices and Early Literacy Components Support Each OtherWord | pdf
- Common Introduction
- Fun with Science and Math for Parent and Child Workshop script (to be sent by email) 2 sided, black and white ok
- Little Red Hen handout
- Everything Has a Shape
- Letter Day Game
- Elevator Speech 2-sided black and white ok
- Evaluation Form (optional)
The following 3 handouts will be emailed to you. Copy in black and white in the numbers specified in Planner's Checklist.
Do NOT put in folders. Thank you.
- Fun for Parent and Child script
- Fun with Words script
- Fun with Letters script